The SA Health SA Virtual Care Service (SAVCS) is a multi-disciplinary health system service that will provide clinicians, health system administrators, and supporting communities with innovative capabilities and improved care by providing an interface between health system services. Further information about the Statewide Virtual Care Service may be found with the following documentation:
- Interface with SA Health data systems through a structured and optimised function- and object-relational mapping paradigm.
- Deploy service-level endpoints to these data systems with well-defined application-programming interfaces (APIs). These endpoints are accessible by end-users, clients, and other services.
- Create the primary functionality for front-end web application clients to interface with these service endpoints, such as to provide appropriately defined clinical and operational data for reports, visualisations, and analytics.
- Extend these primary functionalities with event-sourced publication of relevant information, for example to publish a patient transfer or a change in state of patient activity. This effectively allows the evolution from a ‘pull’-based mechanism to access data, to an event-driven ‘push’-based data operationalisation construct, following the design pattern of event sourcing.
- Support these capabilities with modern platform orchestration, rigorous security, and continuous logging, monitoring, and observability.
Further information about the SA Virtual Care Service service-level implementation may be found with the following documentation: